|East Bend: Writers Writing - Romance for "Dummies"|
Event Type: COVID Closure - Private|
Age Group(s): Adult
Start Time: 6:30 PM
End Time: 8:00 PM
Craft that steamy but stellar romance story, from plot to publishing.Library: East Bend Public Library Google Map to East Bend
In this workshop, you'll be working with bestselling author Marie Harte on the following:
- What are you writing for, money, self-gratification, a hobby?
- Word lengths, traditional publisher vs independent publishing
- Genres and subgenres—content (including tropes)
- Formulating characters
- Roughing the plot
- Pantser vs. Plotter
- The arc of a story (beginning, middle, ending)
Path to Publication:
- You have the story written, now what?
- Places to assist in independent publishing
- How to submit to a traditional publisher
- Do you need an agent?
Bring a pencil/pen and paper or laptop for notes.
Following the workshop, Marie is offering a two-page critique so that registrants can email her for feedback on any two pages they’ve written that they’d like critiqued.
Caffeine addict, boy referee, and romance aficionado, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Marie Harte has over 100 books published with more constantly on the way. She’s a confessed bibliophile and devotee of action movies. Whether hiking in Central Oregon, biking around town, or hanging at the local tea shop, she’s constantly plotting to give everyone a happily ever after. Visit http://marieharte.com and fall in love.
Location: Meeting Room
Contact: Paige M. Ferro
Contact Number: 541-312-1063
Presenter: Marie Harte
Link: The Kissing Game